Circus Arts


     In Janurary of 2014, I decided to take a trapeze class and it totally changed my life. Prior to taking this class I had basically zero experience working out. Lifting the milk jug out of the fridge was a struggle. I knew this class was going to be tough.....but wow. In my first class we learned how to properly hang from the trapeze bar and a few other basic hangs. I have never been so sore in my life. For the next three days, I felt like I got hit by a bus. Normally I would have been like “This is way too hard. I’m too lazy for this. I’m not going back.” but something about it made me want to come back the following week. At this next class we worked on things we learned in the previous class and also added in a few more tricks that were slightly more challenging. I was pleasantly surprised that I wasn’t struggling as much as I was the week before. As the weeks went on, I continued to progress. There’s just something about learning new tricks and perfecting them that is so addicting. A few months after starting trapeze, I decided to try lyra (also known as aerial hoop). I am now obsessed with training on both these apparatuses. Since starting, I have became so much stronger than I ever imagined I could become. In addition to that, I have noticed that I am more energized and motivated. The rush you get from doing aerial arts is just incredible. I strongly encourage everyone to give it a chance. My classes were filled with people of all ages, shapes, and sizes. It’s a fun way to work out and no prior experience in anything is needed. The internet is full of resources for you to find a circus or aerial art school near you.


Click HERE to watch my videos on the trapeze and lyra! Do you have any cool hobbies or skills? Tell us! 


-Ryna

x





Ryna is a licensed cosmetologist that specializes in special effects and avante garde make up. She is also a REDKEN Certified Colourist and has attended many workshops and academies to expand her knowledge in the beauty industy. As a hobby, Ryna also enjoys training as an aerialist. You could say her hair and make up match her circus-like personality. If Ryna is not at the salon you can most likely find her at EDM concerts, making flower crowns and many other things for her new company, swinging on her lyra hoop, making YouTube videos, or hanging out with her friends. 

Make an appointment at Frank Gironda to see Ryna!
1 (630) 904-3600





Where to find me:

0 comments:

Post a Comment