Urban Decay Electric Palette: Smokey Eye



Lately I’ve been kind of obsessed with Urban Decay’s Electric Palette. Looking at it, one may think it can only be used for crazy, bold, over-the-top looks. While the Electric Palette is great 
for achieving a bold look, it’s also great for adding a pop of color to everyday makeup looks. 
The number one thing that stands out to me about this palette is the color pigment load. 
Really, what you see is what you get (and I recommend using Urban Decay Eyeshadow 
Potion Primer underneath the shadow for added longevity). Normally when I use high pigment 
shadows that contain shimmer, I have tons of fallout under eye. I was SO shocked to see that 
my under eye area was completely clear of fallout, and I made sure this was true with every 
color!


So now on to the colors! Revolt is a bright metallic silver with silver glitter. Gonzo is a matte bright turquoise. Slowburn is a matte bright red-orange. Savage is a matte hot pink. Fringe is a bright metallic teal. Chaos is a matte bright blue. Jilted is a bright metallic fuchsia with blue shimmer. Urban is a bright metallic purple. Freak is a pearly bright green with gold shimmer. Thrash is a matte bright lime green. I must note that Slowburn, Savage, Jilted, and Urban are not intended to be used for the immediate eye area. Other uses for these are blush, hair chalk, and lipstain. For eye looks, the possibilities are endless (but I will give ya one of my favorite ways to use this :p)! Apply your base color to the lid. Take a dark grey or black shadow and make a “v” shape in the outer corners. Use a fluffy,blending brush and apply a shadow of your choice to the brush (just a little bit). Then blend away! It should leave a trace amount of color. Another great use is to wet an angled liner brush with water and then dip the brush into your shadow of choice. You have now made your own eyeliner with the shadow and can give yourself a bold cat eye!



A great way to spice up your smokey eye! 
Apply your base color to the lid. Take a dark grey or black shadow and make a “v” shape in the outer corners. Use a fluffy brush and apply a shadow of your choice to the brush (just a little bit). Then blend away! It should leave a trace amount of color. Another great use is to wet an angled liner brush with water and then dip the brush into your shadow of choice. You have now made your own eyeliner with the shadow and can give yourself a bold cat eye!



Like what you just read? I will be posting my favourite make up looks once a month! Have a look you want me to do? Let me know! Thank you for reading!




                                        Electric Palette Smokey Eye



See this tutorial in action and subscribe to my YouTube channel to see what I've been up to!

Like the palette? Buy it here!








-Ryna

x




Ryna is a licensed cosmetologist that specializes in special effects and avante garde make up. She is also a REDKEN Certified Colourist and has attended many workshops and academies to expand her knowledge in the beauty industy. As a hobby, Ryna also enjoys training as an aerialist. You could say her hair and make up match her circus-like personality. If Ryna is not at the salon you can most likely find her at EDM concerts, making flower crowns and many other things for her new company, swinging on her lyra hoop, making YouTube videos, or hanging out with her friends. 


Make an appointment at Frank Gironda to see Ryna!

1 (630) 904-3600

Where to find me:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Etsy | Tumblr |








0 comments:

Post a Comment