A hearty but affordable meal!

Hello!

Megan, Puff's mommy, here! This is one of my favorite things to eat during the colder months or when I don't want to or can't spend a lot of time in the kitchen. It is a very easy recipe and you can add, or leave out different things, however, I think it would be amazing over some homemade mashed potatoes!  

You will need:

  • A crockpot
  • A pound (give or take a little) of raw boneless chicken tenders, your favorite brand 
  • 1 can of cream of chicken
  • 1 can of cream of Mushrooms with Garlic (or cream of Onion, Celery, etc. Just pick your favorite)
  • Uncooked rice or orzo pasta
  • 1 cup of water

Super simple, put your crockpot on a low setting and add your soups and about a cup of water, stir to combine then add your chicken tenders. Let it cook on low for about 30-45 minutes (depends on how quick your crockpot cooks.) Pull apart the meat with two forks. It should not be raw, but easy to pull apart! If it needs a little extra time that is just fine, just stir and keep an eye on it. In the meantime boil some water for either your rice or orzo pasta. Once everything it done put a layer of rice or pasta down and ladle the creamy chicken mixture over top!

This is perfect if you are on a budget, feeding a large group or just want some tasty comfort food! :) 


-Megan & Puff

x



I first saw a chinchilla in our local family owned pet store, probably where many have their first chinchilla encounter. I loved so many things about the animal that I decided to start researching, a lot! After gathering tons of information I made the "big decision" to get a chinchilla. (I really do think it is a big deal and huge commitment.) I started to look on the internet for good deals for cages and such when I thought to look on Craigslist for any chinchillas that need a new home. That's were I found my little fluffbutt and the inspiration to start a small business! I am so happy I was able to provide an awesome environment for her and now spoil her with homemade toys and treats!

Where you can find me:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr | Etsy Shop |


0 comments:

Post a Comment