Michelle's Favorite Things


Hello! Today I am going to share with you things I have been loving as of lately! Nothing in particular, just random things I have been reaching for constantly!



Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing: shampoo, conditioner, and hair mask.

I have been using Carol's daughter for a few months ever since I received a sample from them. That one use with the sample is what got me hooked. I hear a lot of people complain about the smell so I guess that is just a personal thing because I love it. And so does my boyfriend! Sometimes I like to curl my hair using a wand, but other than that it is either braided or left to dry naturally. Every single time I use any of these products my hair feels practically brand new...if that is even a description. I do have dry hair due to previous color on my ends, the heat styling where I do use protectants, and from being in the sun. Even once I rinse my hair it is not all tangled. I do not wash my hair every day and I do like to alternate with this product because it is made for repair. If you use too many repair products consistently/daily..it will actually do damage instead of help your hair out.

Benefit Rockateur blusher

A little history: one of my friend's had the Coralista blush box from Benefit and it looked gorgeous so of course I had to use it. Ever since then I have purchased this blush box and never gave the other ones a chance. I started to get a little bored, I still do love it! However, I wanted a tad bit more color on my cheeks. I have seen Rocketuer in many vlogs and it has always gotten high rankings, so I purchased it. I am very glad I did! It has a mixture of dark pinks and not so dark pinks with a splash of lighter pinks and a hint of shimmer; it was the perfect shade I was looking for. It gives me an extra flush for when I like to do up my whole face or a nice natural glow.



Limoncello 3-Wick Candle - Slatkin & Co. - Bath & Body WorksBath & Body Works Limoncello 3-Wick Candle

I love candles. I think this all happened when I moved into my own home and needed something that would make it feel like a home. I am sure my boyfriend would prefer a giant stuffed grizzly bear statue in our living room, but I wanted something that we all could benefit from. I decided candles would do the trick. First I would maybe purchase two at a time because the store always had great deals, but then two turned into four and so on. So now I have a shelf full of candles and I made sure they were all approved by the boyfriend, but one scent that was always a winner was lemon. This particular one is by far the best. I purchased it a while back and then started to venture off in all the seasonal scent. The last time I somehow found my way into the store when I shouldn't be, I picked one up. It was like being reunited with an old lover. It has lemons, sugar, and a hint of zest in it so it is a clean, sweet, and inviting smell to the nose that I love so much. It is good for any room in the house, although I like to hoard them all for only my room. I might be generous and let one sit in the kitchen for everyone else to enjoy its lovely scent.
Black Cherry Merlot Gentle Foaming Hand Soap - Anti-Bacterial - Bath & Body Works



Bath & Body Works Black Cherry Merlot
Calm down, there is no wine in this as many people are disappointed now. Let me just say, I used this soap once at one of my family member's and was like "omg what did I just wash my hands with?! It smells amazing!" I do not know what Merlot smells or tastes like, but I would imagine that it is very delicious. This is a scent that has been around for a while, but since everyone has been into the "Perfect Beach Day" soaps or anything other that is in season; I just wanted to pay my respects to this soap. Thank you Black Cherry Merlot for making hand washing a delightful experience. I cannot wait to wash my hands again.



urban jungle - neautrals by essie






Essie Urban Jungle
Whenever I get the chance I like to make myself cute and do my nails. I have been into colors lately, but my last trip to pick up a product for my boyfriend, this color caught my eye. I have been looking for a white-y color, but not white out white. This is an alabaster orchid and almost makes my hands look a little tan which is always nice. As always, if you do your manicure right the color lasts a good while.








Argan Infinity Lip and Cheek Creamy Oil - Timeless CoralJosie Maran Argan Infinity Lip & Cheek Creamy Oil

During my last Sephora visit, the lovely Clarissa turned my attention towards this lovely product. I was interested once she said 'coconut' because I know it is very hydrating. I thought it was a little steep for it to be just a lip color, but she mentioned it is also a cream blush. I needed her to explain that it comes out as an oil, but turns into a cream about 345435 times because I just couldn't wrap my head around it. For my skin tone and liking I chose Timeless Coral. There is a reason I always go to Clarissa because she basically knows what I want and she got me good this time. I love this product and I know it will last me forever due to the fact that two TINY drops is all I need to create the perfect blush and it lasts all day on my lips. Josie is all about using your hands so not brush is needed!


Netflix, you bastard. I have never really used Netflix until I moved into my own home. Which means I had somewhat of a social life and didn't pretend to be a character from a fictional show (but I relate to Blair from Gossip Girl so much...she is my spirit animal). Anyways, seeing Divergent and The Fault In Our Stars basically turned me into the biggest Shailene Woodley fan. Not mainly because of her acting, but from all the articles I have read about her. She is so friggen interesting, sigh...I wish I was her. I did hear about this show when it was airing on ABC, but I really don't remember why I didn't watch it. All that matters is that I am now and am so anxious to see what happens!

LUSH Ickle Baby Bot

I know this sounds weird, but this is a bath bomb. Again, one that is very popular that I have heard about in many vlogs. So during one stressful day I decided to have one of spa nights which includes: candles, tea, face mask, hair mask, and my boo...Netflix. I popped this little guy in the tub and watched it work its magic. With its pretty blue water and calming aroma, I got into the tub and was in bath bomb heaven. This bath bomb is proven to help calm even little kids to help them have a good night's rest and let me tell you...it works. With lavender, chamomile, and sandalwood I was relaxed, my skin was smooth, and I was finally able to fall asleep without having to lay in bed and count...chinchillas. 






Too Faced Bonjour Soleil Bronzing Wardrobe
To be quite honest, I have never owned bronzer in my life. I have used it on clients, but never purchased it intended for personal use. What changed my mind? For starters, I love Too Faced and have many palettes from them that are sure to last me a lifetime. Secondly, I am pretty light skinned and decided I needed a bit of tan for the summer. I had no idea which one to pick until I saw Too Faced was coming out with this palette; it was fate. There are three different bronzers to choose from: one is the matte bronzer, the next one is the natural bronzer, and the last is a luminous bronzer. This palette has been featured in many vlogs and looks amazing on any skin tone. Did I mention that one smells like chocolate?!



Displaying photo.JPGRita's Custard and Ice
Oh my gosh was this a find for me. So my boyfriend and I were driving home and he went a way that wasn't the normal street home. I'm thinking "ok maybe he has to go somewhere..." and he pulls up to this custard place that I have never heard of. Being a cooperative girlfriend who loves sweet I pick a Gelati with strawberry mango ice and orange cream custard. Lawd have mercy was it combination of sin and deliciousness. We looked into what makes custard different from ice cream and found out the only difference is egg yolk. I can live with that, but what I cannot live with is how my boyfriend always refers to it as 'tubby custard' from the odd UK child show "Teletubbies" because it actually makes me feel like a teletubby when he brings it up as I am inhaling it. Whatever, I love it. I love you, Rita.

I hope you enjoyed reading about all my favorites! Let me know if you tried any of mine and tell me what yours is too!

x





Michelle is a licensed cosmetologist with a passion for writing. She enjoys reading, writing, cooking, organizing things, listening to music, and video chatting her family and friends. Being a huge animal lover, she loves her chinchilla named Queen Chili and misses Delilah, her Goldendoodle who lives with her family. 


Where to find me:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr |



0 comments:

Post a Comment